about brands in the top songs of 2003 (american charts) :
- There were 82 different brands mentioned in the Billboard Top 20 in 2003.
- Of the 111 songs in the Billboard Top 20, 43 had brands in the lyrics
- The most mentioned brand - MERCEDES BENZ.
- The artist who mentioned most brands - 50 Cent.
- Only one branded song was not connected to hip-hop or R&B… Good Charlotte’s ‘Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous’.
- The most amount of brands in a single week of the Billboard top 20 in 2003 was 47, on April 12th.
- The most brands crammed into one song… 14 - by Lil’ Kim in ‘The Jump Off’.
go read the rest of the article!… comments?